Wednesday, March 20, 2013

1303.3938 (P. A. Kaplunovich et al.)

Fast selection of N-2 contingencies for online security assessment    [PDF]

P. A. Kaplunovich, K. S. Turitsyn
We propose a novel algorithm for selection of dangerous N-2 contingencies associated with line or generator failures. The algorithm is based on iterative filtering of the set of all possible double contingencies. It is certified to identify all the dangerous contingencies, and has the complexity comparable to the N-1 contingency screening. Tests performed on realistic model of Polish power grid with about 3000 buses show that only two iterations of algorithm allow one to certify the safety of 99.9% of all double contingencies, leaving only 0.1% of the most dangerous ones for direct analysis.
View original:

No comments:

Post a Comment